What is Self-Storage?
Like a lot of people, your stuff may not all fit into your home. Self-storage lets you keep all of your stuff without cluttering up your home. You can consider self-storage facilities an extension to your home.
Generally, self-storage facilities offer storage space like containers, rooms and lockers. They can also be called self-service storage or mini storage. They all mean the same thing. These self-storage facilities rent out for short term leases – usually month to month. Usually options for long term leases are available as well.
When do you need Self-Storage?
There are many reasons to use self-storage. Here are some of the most common ones:
- You don’t want to clutter your house, but still want access to your things.
- You are moving, and are not able to take your things with you.
- You’re moving to smaller place and need to keep your extra things somewhere.
- You own a business and need a place to keep inventory.
How to choose the right Self-Storage facility for you?
There are many factors that go into choosing a self-storage facility. These should be at the top of any list:
- How much space do you need?
- Do you need climate controlled self-storage units?
- How valuable are the things your are storing? Do you need video surveillance or alarms?
- What is the cost of the unit?
- Check the reviews of the facility as well as the BBB (Better Business Bureau).
- Does your renter’s insurance homeowner’s policy cover theft or damage at a self-storage facility?